Year 5 Kestrels class 2023
Hi everyone, I'm Mr Stanton. If you were in Miss Thomas's class in Year 4 you're going to be joining me in Kestrel's class in September. Find out some more about the #CleverKestrels below!
Hi everyone, my name is Mr Stanton, and if you were in Miss Thomas's class last year you’ll be joining me in the Year 5 Kestrels Class in September! I’m really looking forward to getting to know everyone better – and here are a few facts about me:
- I used to live in London, but now I live right here in Oxford.
- Before I was a teacher I travelled a lot – I used to work for the United Nations, and I’ve lived and worked in lots of different places in the world.
- My favourite book is ‘The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane’ by Kate DiCamillo.
- I love learning about the world, learning outside the classroom and heading out together on class visits!
We all know that going into Year 5 is going to be a big step up next year, but don’t worry Miss Thomas has already told me fantastic things about you so I know that we’re going to be fine, and you will absolutely fly! But there’s another big step up that’s going to happen in September: you’re going to be moving into Upper Key Stage 2, which means you’ll be some of the oldest children in the school – and that means you’re going to be able to show all your great leadership skills to the younger children.
As you know, our class mascot is the Kestrel – here are some things that Kestrels do that we can be great at too:
- They look out for each other
- They can change their plan if things change around them.
- They work hard until the job is done!
Do you know anything interesting about Kestrels? What’s your favourite Kestrel fact? Let me know – and make sure you have a great summer!
Remember, you can email me at the class address: firstname.lastname@example.org